Employment services terms
Aroq Ltd expects all recruitment agencies to adhere to the following terms. Introductions and applications made by agencies who have not agreed to these in writing will not be accepted.
- Agencies may be contacted directly by the HR department for assistance in recruiting for particular vacancies. Agencies will be notified by email or a telephone call and will be provided with standard vacancy information.
2. Authorisation and Notification
- Where additional information is needed by the agency, they will contact HR and not the recruiting manager.
- Aroq Ltd will only formally notify agencies of genuine vacancies where there has been a budgetary agreement.
3. Submission of Candidates
- All candidate applications must be submitted directly to the HR department and not to line managers within the organisation. CVs not received by HR will not be considered as formal introductions or applications no matter if they are accompanied by Terms and Conditions.
- Agencies must identify which vacancy they are submitting a candidate for by using the relevant vacancy job title.
- If the same candidate is subsequently submitted for a different vacancy (by the same or different Agency) this will constitute a new introduction.
- Agencies must not submit the CV of any candidate without their consent and should brief candidates fully on the vacancy prior to submitting the CV.
- Agencies should ideally interview candidates face to face or at least comprehensively over the telephone before submitting their CV. They should endeavour to ensure that each candidate is a close match with the vacancy information provided.
- Agencies must not submit the CV of any candidate without first verifying the candidate's legal right to work in the UK.
- Where Aroq Ltd receives a direct application from a candidate, they will consider this in preference to any submission of the same candidate subsequently made by an agency for the same vacancy.
- When Aroq Ltd receives the CV of the same candidate from more than one agency, they will accept the CV via the agency that sent the CV first, provided that they sent it with the candidate's permission and that they sent it to HR. This will be the case unless the candidate expresses in writing that they wish for the latter agency to represent them.
- If it is not identifiable which agency first introduced the candidate it will be the candidate's choice who they wish to represent them.
- In the event of a continuing dispute, Aroq Ltd will expect the agencies concerned to resolve the issue between them.
- Agencies to communicate with HR directly on all matters relating to vacancies at Aroq Ltd and prospective candidates.
- Aroq Ltd requests that agencies only send information in relation to advertised vacancies. Aroq Ltd asks that agencies do not 'cold call' Aroq Ltd or send generic emails that are not related to a specific vacancy.
- Aroq Ltd will provide feedback to agencies where the submitted CVs were for a specific vacancy and sent directly to HR.
5. Equal Opportunities and Data Protection
- Agencies will commit to complying with the provisions of the act in their handling of candidate details on behalf of Aroq Ltd.
- Aroq Ltd require all agencies to comply with Equal Opportunities legislation in advertising and / or discussing their vacancies.
- Aroq Ltd may store and process candidate details supplied by Recruitment Agencies in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Aroq Ltd will treat introductions in strict confidence and will not pass information to third parties without the permission of the agency or the candidate.
- For Data Protection reasons, Aroq Ltd will only hold details of supplied CVs for a period not to exceed 6 months.
6. Fee Arrangements
- Agencies must provide written confirmation of their terms and conditions including fees to Aroq Ltd prior to the submission of any suitable candidates. They must have received written confirmation that Aroq accepts the terms (conditional on these taking precedence see 8.0).
- They will notify Aroq Ltd in writing of any changes to their terms of business giving a minimum of four weeks notice. Any live vacancies will be subject to the existing terms and conditions. Any vacancies that arise after the notification of the change will be subject to the changed terms and conditions unless they are successfully recruited within the four weeks notice period.
- Invoices will only be accepted when sent to HR. These are only to be sent when the candidate starts employment.
- Aroq Ltd will settle invoices from agencies within 30 days of the candidate starting employment.
7. Staff Vetting
- Under these terms, Aroq Ltd accepts responsibility for pursuing references and reasonable pre-employment checks.
- In the event that there is a conflict between these terms and the terms and conditions of an agency, the terms above will take precedence.